Pages

Ranger's Apprentice: Book 1 - The Ruins of Gorlan




     They've always scared him in the past - The Ranger's with their dark cloaks and mysterious ways. Folks in the village claim that Rangers have the power to become invisible at will. A skill Will would now dearly love to have.
     Will's heart had been set on Battle-school, on becoming a hero to the kingdom. But Will is small for his fifteen years, too small to be a warrior. He possesses other skills, though - a Ranger's skills. He can move silent as a shadow. He can climb. And he is brave.
     He will need all these skills, and more. Morgarath, Lord of the Mountains of Rain and Night, is gathering his forces. A battle for the kingdom, is destined to begin. A battle the likes of which Will cannot even imagine.



Langauge
Characters use 'damn' three times. 'What the hell' appears once, and 'What the devil' makes an appearance.

Violence
A character gets in a fight with his friend, they hash it out. A character is bullied, and later he is given the opportunity to get revenge, and he takes it. There is a huge fight with monsters. I'm putting this in slim terms, it is more intense than this, yet less intense that some other books I've read.

Wow. I love this book. This series. I love it! It's amazing! I highly recommend it! I would give it a PG for some violence and some language. There's usually a long conclusion, but I can't say anything beyond I LOVE IT! GET IT!
Notice: To those of you going to load up: Book Seven, Erak's Ransom should be read after Book Four, The Battle for Skandia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking at my blog!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE to get comments! Even if they don't exactly pertain to anything in the post...So, feel free to comment!